Did you know there are different Types of Chokers?
Whether you are a new or an old fan of chokers, these stylish and unique pieces are here to stay. Chokers are a fantastic way to look stylish and bold simultaneously; it is a trend that says ‘go big or go home -the reason why we bring you different types of chokers for all your choker necklace needs.
Safe to say that trends come, and the chokers may be out of style in several years, but they are here today. So with chokers gaining more and more attention, it is only natural to incorporate them into our wardrobes and find which style or material we enjoy the most.
Different types of chokers can be found depending on the material they’re made of. While some opt to go with high-end materials, there are also more affordable options. It is all about personal taste to choose on different types of chokers. To give you some trendy ideas, check out below other types of chokers, and feel free to pick any style you identify with best.
Types of Chokers
The choker set comes in 2 different colors, claret red and black; you can make up different looks according to your mood, meet your other demands of fashion.
Made of velvet and metal, the choker set and pendant length are adjustable. It is beautiful for wearing and makes you unique and attractive.
You can wear the neck choker on several occasions including, Weddings, dinner, dates, travel, parties, dance, or casual in your daily life.
- Double layer
Black choker enjoys great artistry and unique design, making it excellent and ideal as gifts for someone important to you on special or festival days.
You can use it longer; you can adjust the length to fit properly. The Choker necklace chain is easy to put on and take off. It is fashion jewelry to decorate beauty and almost works for every woman and girl because it has an adjustable extension chain.
- Velvet and alloy material
- Black color
This 14K Gold Plated choker ensures a very long-lasting brilliant finish that is nickel-free and hypoallergenic. Which makes it stands out among all other plain necklaces.
This dainty choker necklace is simple enough for layering with other necklaces in your collection. It is strong and durable, no need to worry about the chain breaking.
You can wear it at parties, shopping, festivals or daily life, and other occasions to make you stand out from the crowd.
- Strong and durable
- 14K Gold Plated
This choker necklace is embellished with many shiny rhinestones; it takes on a “V” tassel shape on your neck, showing your style and making you more attractive and charming.
This rhinestone tassel choker necklace is suitable for various occasions, such as daily wear, wedding party, birthday party, and other important events. You will be a hit at the party and share with your affectionate friends or families.
- Rhinestone and alloy
- Gold and the silvery color
- V shape
High-quality copper necklace for women and girls. Suitable for party, event, and causal. Heart pendant necklaces for women are made of high-quality alloy, color retention, no fading.
Dainty Layered Necklace is also adjustable in size. These beaded necklaces are ideally suited for parties, casual wearing, and any occasion. It is a chic woman necklace jewelry for women and girls.
- Quality alloy
- Color retention
This gold satellite chain choker is a beautiful, dainty necklace that will add a touch of gold to your layered look.
This is the perfect simple layering necklace for everyday wear, and it looks beautiful layered with other gold necklaces.
Carefully handcrafted dainty and delicate satellite chain choker necklace. Such a simple minimal design makes it perfect for everyday wear and ideal for layering.
- 18k Gold
Types of Chokers Brief History
The choker became popular in the 19th century, but it was around as early as Anne Boleyn’s famous “B” necklace of the 1530s.
In the 19th century, chokers were mainly the playthings of the rich and famous, encrusted with pearls and dripping with jewels. It wasn’t until the 1990s that chokers became antiestablishment once again. No longer were they a form of protesting the guillotine, but they were an easy way to channel the grungy angst that pretty much everyone was feeling circa ’94 or so.
Over time, Chokers have evolved drastically; different countries and cultures have molded them according to their requirement. Even after hundreds of years, the popularity of chokers necklaces has remained pretty much intact.
Common Questions About Types of Chokers
What is a choker necklace?
A choker is nothing but a tight neck necklace. In other words, a choker can be defined as a close-fitting necklace made up of different materials like cloth and metal worn around the neck by women.
The choker necklace is an effortless yet stylish accessory worn in the neck by women across the globe. Many Hollywood and Bollywood celebrities donned choker necklaces to look the fashionable best at famous events.
How many types of chokers are there?
There are many varieties of choker’s necklaces in fashion like Cloth Choker, Metal Choker, and Pearl Choker. Most adopt to go with any choker style to make a unique fashion statement.
What are tattoo chokers?
The tattoo choker consisted of a tight, springy, lace-like plastic necklace designed to sit snugly against your neck and mimic some hand-drawn tattoo.
This type of choker became quite the trend among teen girls in the ’90s.
Are chokers in style 2023?
Chokers made a comeback around Spring 2022. These are statement chokers, hard powerful silhouettes that curve around the neck in gold. They also translate into choker-length necklaces that are strong in shape but flexible, with multiple dangles accenting the entire piece.
What is the typical length of a choker necklace?
A choker is a close-fitting necklace worn around the neck, typically 14 inches to 16 inches in length. Chokers can be made of various materials, including velvet, plastic, beads, latex, leather, metal, such as silver, gold, or platinum, etc.
How do you wear a choker necklace?
A choker necklace is worn tightly around the neck. There is no need to worry about choking or strangulation as the material is designed to be extra stretchy.
What are some of the most sought-after chokers?
- Black Choker. The black choker is one of the most prominent choker necklaces that women have already graced their necks since ancient times. Up until now, the plain black choker is still hitting the spotlight in the world of fashion and jewelry.
- Gold Choker. Gold chokers do not necessarily mean that you have to top it off with gems and diamonds. It doesn’t have to be that lavish; all you have to do is pair it up with the right dress to add glamour, even with just a dainty, thin choker.
- Silver Choker. Silver choker necklace that will never go out of style. You can pair it up with your trendy off-shoulder and crop tops to look more fabulous and sparkly.
- Pearl Choker. The vintage and short pearl choker necklace never go out of style. A beautiful pearl necklace will surely add a striking glow to your wedding dress.
- Diamond Choker. Diamonds are women’s best friends. Wearing choker necklaces with diamonds accents will surely add an eye-catching sparkle, especially for formal events.
- Leather Choker. Leather chokers will look great with your summer dresses or even in casual clothes. With its casual ambiance, you can never go wrong with wearing them.
- Velvet Choker. A common misconception about velvet is it is stretchable. That said, they are known for being soft and would feel good on your skin with their smooth and cotton feel.
- Studded Chokers. It can be casually worn with a casual attire of eastern or western clothing.
- Layered Choker. The lowermost chain with the accessories is different from the other two depicting a non-parallel relationship.
Tips About Accessorizing Types of Chokers
- Choker necklaces are worn around your throat and tighter compared to your average necklaces.
- There are different styles, from simple to embellished, which can be used in any event that you may attend.
- Remember, chokers are supposed to adorn your neck but should never be too overpowering, so you have to be wary of the length and size when choosing your choker.
- The color of the choker should also complement your skin tone and outfit.
- Comfortability should also be a huge consideration when wearing a choker. If it is not for you, there are a lot of other necklaces available to choose from.